Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My fantastic Thai Barramundi experience


Travel and food are two different words but they feel like one to me. I’m a complete foodie and love to experiment different cuisines especially at the places they are famous. This love brings together both my passions; travelling and enjoying beautiful food.

My latest visit was a beautiful country with a vast history rooted in beautiful culture and traditions. Siam as it was called years ago, the enchanting Thailand. It has everything one can think of; religion, food, sports, education, landscape, entertainment. You name it you have it.

                                                                                             

I had a wonderful time and enjoyed a great fishing charter experience. I went to a great place for fishing and the best part was I could catch and eat my own quarry. With hundreds of eating joints here in Thailand it gets very easy on the pocket to bring your catch and get it cooked at a small joint for a few dollars.

My biggest catch of the day was a gorgeous barramundi or as it is called plakrapongon in Thai. It is a popular fish amongst the local Thai people and is served almost in all the restaurants. I got it cooked at a small place famous for fish. They steamed it with lime and garlic and it was awesome. Thai food is famous for the balance of flavors’ and this barramundi was a perfect example of it.

Thai people eat their food with a variety of sauces and condiments. They serve rice or noodles with all dishes. The beautiful herbs like cilantro, lemongrass, Thai basil and spices likes galangal, kaffir lime are readily available in super markets globally. As much as I enjoyed eating this fantastic cuisine, with the ingredients’ now available I’m going to love cooking it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment